CITY OF LOS ALAMITOS 3191 Katella Avenue Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Agenda CITY COUNCIL REGULAR MEETING Monday, June 15, 2015 – 5:00 p.m.
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC – This Agenda contains a brief general description of each item to be considered. Except as provided by law, action or discussion shall not be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda. Supporting documents, including staff reports, are available for review at City Hall in the City Clerk’s Office or on the City’s website at www.cityoflosalamitos.org once the agenda has been publicly posted. Any written materials relating to an item on this agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office, 3191 Katella Ave., Los Alamitos CA 90720, during normal business hours. In addition, such writings or documents will be made available for public review at the respective public meeting. It is the intention of the City of Los Alamitos to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in all respects. If, as an attendee, or a participant at this meeting, you will need special assistance beyond what is normally provided, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at (562) 431-3538, extension 220, 48 hours prior to the meeting so that reasonable arrangements may be made. Assisted listening devices may be obtained from the City Clerk at the meeting for individuals with hearing impairments. Persons wishing to address the City Council on any item on the City Council Agenda should complete a blue “Request to Speak” card and will be called upon at the time the agenda item is called or during the City Council’s consideration of the item and may address the City Council for up to three minutes.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ROLL CALL Council Member Grose Council Member Hasselbrink Council Member Kusumoto Mayor Pro Tem Edgar Mayor Murphy
3. CLOSED SESSION
A. CONFERENCE WITH LABOR NEGOTIATOR Agency Negotiators: Cary S. Reisman, City Attorney Unrepresented Employee: City Manager Authority: Government Code Section 54957.6
4. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE – Mayor Murphy
5. INVOCATION – Mayor Pro Tem Edgar
6. ORAL COMMUNICATIONS – At this time, any individual in the audience may come forward to speak on any item within the subject matter jurisdiction of the City Council. Remarks are to be limited to not more than five minutes per speaker.
8. CONSENT CALENDAR – All Consent Calendar items may be acted upon by one motion unless a Council Member requests separate action on a specific item.
C. Award of Contracts – Building and Safety Services/NDPES Inspection Services, City Engineer/Traffic Engineer Services, and Signal Maintenance Services
9. DISCUSSION ITEMS
10. PUBLIC HEARING
A. Introduce Ordinance 2015-04 – Zoning Ordinance Amendment (ZOA) 15-01 to Amend the Zoning Map of the City to Rezone Certain Parcels in the City to Comply with the 2035 General Plan (City initiated)
12. MAYOR AND COUNCIL INITIATED BUSINESS
A. Council Announcements – At this time, Council Members may also report on items not specifically described on the Agenda that are of interest to the community, provided no action or discussion is taken except to provide staff direction to report back or to place the item on a future Agenda.
13. ITEMS FROM THE CITY MANAGER
14. ADJOURNMENT The City Council will adjourn to Tuesday, July 21, 2015, for the purpose of holding a Regular meeting.