For Immediate Release 10/6/2017
Contact: Megan Shimada, Recreation Coordinator – Recreation and Community Services – (562) 430-1073 x 511
(Los Alamitos, CA) – The City of Los Alamitos Recreation and Community Services Department will be holding its 6th annual Trunk or Treat featuring the Treasure Hunt event at Little Cottonwood Park on Saturday, October 28th. The free event is from 5:00-7:30pm and brings families together to create memories and to provide a safe place to celebrate Halloween. The event gives families the chance to play games, hunt for candy, win prizes, and more. Children of all ages are encouraged to come dressed as they trick-or-treat from trunk to trunk or enter the popular costume contest.
Time line of event:
- 5:00pm Start of event- Hayride, vendors, and games are open!
- 5:30pm Treasure Hunt begins
- 6:00pm Costume Contest begins
- 7:00pm Adult Pie Eating Contest
- 7:15pm Presentation of winner of the “Tricked Out Trunk”
- 7:30pm Event concludes
Prizes for the costume contest:
- First Place LeapFrog LeapPad Ultimate Kids Learning Tablet
- Second Place SmarTrike® Breeze 3-in1 Trike
- Third Place Toys Woofer
- First Place Kidkraft® 2-in-1 Activity Table
- Second Place WoW Wee Tipster Robot with Remote Control
- Third Place Kidkraft® Lil’ Symphony Guitar
- First Place Amazon Fire HD 8 with Alexa (8” HD Display)
- Second Place Lego® Ideas Adventure Time™
- Third Place Booo-opoly Halloween Game
Prizes for the family division are TBD.
A big thank you to the following partners, who are helping make this event a reality: Generations Church, Grateful Hearts, Los Alamitos Senior Club, New York Travel Club, Polly’s Pies, and Venture the Wild Overland.
The Recreation & Community Services Department is still accepting vendor applications and sponsors for the event. Please visit http://cityoflosalamitos.org/recreation/events-facilities/events/halloween/ or call (562) 430-1073 for more event details.