STREET SWEEPING ENFORCEMENT TO RESUME ON TUESDAY, MARCH 2, 2021. STARTING FEB. 16, 2021, VEHICLES IN VIOLATION ON STREET SWEEPING DAYS WILL BE RECEIVE A COURTESY REMINDER OF THE ENFORCEMENT DATE.
How to Pay
- Parking Citations can be paid in person at the Police Department, by mail, or online. If you are paying in-person at the Police Department, you must pay with exact cash or a check. If paying online, please visit www.citationprocessingcenter.com. If paying by mail, please send a check payable to the City of Los Alamitos to:
City of Los Alamitos
C/O Citation Processing Center
PO Box 10479
Newport Beach, CA 92658
How to Contest a Parking Citation
- You can contest your parking citation by following the instructions on the back of the ticket or online through Citation Processing Center at the above listed website. If choosing to contest the citation in person, you will be asked to fill out our parking citation review form which can be found here. Once our department receives your review form, your citation will placed on hold until the citation is reviewed and a decision is made. You will receive notice of decision within 10 business days, by mail.
- All parking citations must be paid within 21 days of issuance. Parking citations which are unpaid or uncontested after 21 days will be subject to penalty increases.
- New and current residents who live in a parking permit area in Los Alamitos will need to fill out a parking permit application to receive permit stickers and guest parking permits. Applications can be found here. Applications must be turned into the Police Department in-person, you will be asked to provide proof of residency (acceptable documents include rental agreement, escrow papers, utility bill, driver’s license, or vehicle registration).
- Parking permits must be displayed on either the lower left rear window or the left rear bumper as shown below.
- Parking permits are required for all vehicles parked on streets posted with signs indicating permit parking only. Vehicles without permits may be cited and/or towed. It is the owners responsibility to have the permit displayed properly on the vehicle (LAMC 10.24.070)
- Lost or stolen permits are $10 each to replace, damaged permits may be turned in and replaced at no additional charge.