Thank you to our Sponsor: MemorialCare Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach.
Join us in person for the MemorialCare Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach Music and Movies Event Series! This year, we will be offering two concerts and two movies for the community to enjoy. A face covering is required at all times except while eating.
Reservations are required for every member of your party. Listed below is the information for the 2021 event series. Scroll to the bottom of the page to view the Event Guidelines.
Saturday, June 12 at Little Cottonwood Park (4000 Farquhar Avenue)
Live performance from Bustamante and Friends at 6:30PM
Founded by guitarist and singer Larry Bustamante, the band members have toured, recorded, and played in various other successful projects and were hand-picked to create an earthy blend of Classic Rock, Soulful Blues, Funk, and Latin. Strong vocals and serious playing are at the heart of this lineup covering the best of Stevie Ray, Clapton, Santana, the Doobie Brothers, and so much more. Members are:
- Larry Bustamante, Guitar and Vocals
- Steve Donn, Vocals and congas
- Dave Andrieux, Hammond Organ and Piano
- Terry Law, Bass
- Frank Cotinola, Drums
Saturday, June 26 at Orville Lewis Park (3662 Kempton Drive)
Movie- Mary Poppins Returns at approximately 8:00PM
Mary Poppins Returns (2018) Rated PG – A few decades after her original visit, Mary Poppins, the magical nanny, returns to help the Banks siblings and Michael’s children through a difficult time in their lives.
Saturday, July 10 at Little Cottonwood Park (4000 Farquhar Avenue)
Live performance from Flyer at 6:30PM
“Flyer is a band from sunny California that has been performing for the last 35 years. Yes, you heard right… 35 years! Flyer holds the record for playing classic rock music in one establishment for 32 years. That is the longest run for one band known! SO, let’s meet the Flyer of today! Jim Forney on lead guitar, bass and vocals, Nancy Hartmann on acoustic guitar and vocals, and last but not least, Todd Hartmann on keyboards, synthesizers, and vocals.”
Saturday, July 24 Little Cottonwood Park (4000 Farquhar Avenue)
Movie- Up at approximately 8:00PM
Up (2009) Rated PG – 78-year-old Carl Fredricksen travels to Paradise Falls in his house equipped with balloons, inadvertently taking a young stowaway.
The Los Alamitos Recreation and Community Services Department is proud to announce the 2021 MemorialCare Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital Long Beach Music and Movies Event Series presented by the Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Arts Commission! Enjoy four different Saturday nights of live music, a movie, and food available to purchase from food vendors.
Bring your friends and family and join the community for a night under the stars! Events featuring a live band take place from 6:30pm-8:00pm. Events featuring a movie begin at approximately 8:00pm. Food vendors will be available at all event dates. For additional information, please contact the Los Alamitos Recreation and Community Services Department at (562) 430-1073.
- The event is taking place in person and participants must reserve a ticket for every member of their party
- Participants are required to wear a face covering at all times except while eating
- Participants are responsible to maintain a physical distance of six (6) feet from other households during the event
- Participants are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets to enjoy the event
- Participants are responsible for picking up their trash and disposing of it in the provided trash bins
- Recreation staff will be collecting backpacks and school supply donations to benefit the Los Alamitos non-profit organizations
- There will be food vendors at the event for the enjoyment of the community
Event information is subject to change or cancellation based on COVID-19 guidelines.