CITY OF LOS ALAMITOS
For Immediate Release
October 17, 2018
Contact: Steve Kim, Recreation Coordinator
Recreation and Community Services – (562) 430-1073 x 515
Join us for Trunk or Treat Featuring the Spooky Train Ride!
(Los Alamitos, CA) – The City of Los Alamitos Recreation and Community Services Department will be holding its 7th annual Trunk or Treat sponsored by AYSO Region 159 at Little Cottonwood Park on Saturday, October 27th. We appreciate AYSO Region 159 for their continued support of our special events. The Trunk or Treat event is from 5:00-7:30pm and brings families together to create memories and to provide a safe place to celebrate Halloween. The event gives families the chance to play games, visit trunks for candy, win prizes, ride the spooky train, and more! Families are encouraged to come dressed in their Halloween costumes to enter the ever popular costume contest.
Time line of event:
- 5:00pm Start of event- train ride, vendors, and games are open!
- 5:30pm Parents Pie Eating Contest
- 6:00pm Costume Contest begins
- 7:15pm Presentation of winner of the “Tricked Out Trunk”
- 7:30pm Event concludes
The following prizes will be awarded to the winners of the costume contest:
- First Place: KidKraft Wooden Train Table
- Second Place: Little Tikes Cozy Coupe
- Third Place: Radio Flyer My 1st Scooter
- First Place: Minions Kids Bike Training Wheels
- Second Place: KidKraft Artist Easel with Paper Roll
- Third Place: Mindware Science Academy Slime Lab
- First Place: Amazon Fire HD 8” with Alexa
- Second Place: 3Doodler Start Printing Pen
- Third Place: Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots Game
Prizes for the family division will be gift cards to local attractions or restaurants for the winners to enjoy.
A big thank you to the following partners, who are helping make this event a reality: AYSO Region 159, Grateful Hearts, and Los Alamitos Senior Club.
The Recreation & Community Services Department is still accepting applications for sponsors. Please visit www.cityoflosalamitos.org/recreation or call (562) 430-1073 for more event details.